Are you looking for information? I can help with any of your tree or landscape questions. Below are some of the most common things I encounter...
What are the varieties of tree's I do not want in my yard?
There may be some trees in your landscape that are considered invasive by the State of Florida. Invasive trees tend to grow prolifically, displacing native species. There is an extensive list of these trees but the most common one's you will encounter here in Sarasota are the six below. It is a good idea to remove these nuisance trees.
- Pepper Tree (Schinus terebinthifolius)
- Carrotwood Tree (Cupaniopsis anacardioides)
- Australian Pine (Casuarina equisetifolia)
- Chinaberry (Melia azedarach)
- Ear Tree (Enterolobium cyclocarpum)
- Punk Tree (Melaleuca quinquenervia)
How To Hire An Arborist
So what do you look for when hiring an Arborist? Here is some great advice on selecting a tree service written by Dr. Edward Gilman of the University of Florida.
What are some great choices in Ornamental Grass?
Ornamental grasses make a great addition to the landscape. Almost all of them need little care and grow in a variety of soils and conditions. The six grasses below are the most frequently used ornamental grasses in the Sarasota area.
- Fakahatchee Grass (Tripsacum dactyloides)
- Gama Grass (Tripsacum floridana)
- White Fountain Grass (Pennisetum alopecuroides)
- Pampas Grass (Cortaderia selloana)
- Red Fountain Grass (Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum')
- Muhly Grass (Muhlenbergia capillaris)